This dish I found at The Wonky Spatula and edited it slightly due to what I had in the fridge. It has so much flavour, plus the best bit is it’s Whole30 approved (providing you source your chorizo properly).
The beauty of this dish is how quick it is, perfect for when you get home late from work and want a satisfying meal without the fuss.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 200g turkey/chicken breast (I used turkey)
- 60g chorizo (I use Unearthed brand here in the UK)
- 150g baby potatoes
- 100g baby spinach
- one red onion
- fresh thyme or rosemary or marjoram
- coconut oil
- Begin by steaming the baby potatoes for 6-7 minutes, until tender.
- In the meantime heat a large pan with the coconut oil, dice the turkey and lightly brown in the pan with a pinch of coarse salt.
- Once the turkey has begun to cook through, break up the chorizo and add it to the pan.
- Once the chorizo is sizzling add the chopped onion. Sauté until it goes clear.
- When the potatoes are finished cooking, slice them in half and add them to the pan along with turkey, chorizo and onion, allowing them the crisp up for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally add the spinach, allow it to wilt down before giving everything a good mix.
- Before serving stir through some fresh thyme, serve and enjoy.