I firmly believe that if Adele and I got to hang out for a day we’d be firm friends for life. I adore her as much as she adores Beyoncé, plus sprinkles and a cherry on top.
Here’s eight reasons why Adele is my spirit animal:
- I respect her, no girl can be friends with a girl they don’t respect.
- She swears a lot. I swear a lot. And while she apologies about it on camera, I know she gives no fucks. I love swearing. Swear words are colourful adjectives that enhance all conversations. Plus all the intelligent people do it.
wereare both massive Spice Girls fans.
- We have the same hair. We’re currently both rocking the lob, which frames our cherubic faces.
- We both have experience sharing our relationships publicly.
- I cried when she popped up through the stage at the O2, like ACTUAL tears. All she’d said was “Hello”. My boyfriend thought I’d lost the plot. I think it was just the complete excitement of seeing her live and also the realisation that I WAS seeing her live. Because after 21, when Adele took time to become a mama and I had just arrived in London I thought the chance to see her live was gone. BUT SHE CAME BACK! I like to think it’s was just for me…
- She’s visiting my hometown in little ol’ NZ. I’m gutted I won’t be there to sing along to Hometown Glory as the video flies over the beautiful City of Sails.
- I’m seeing her again at Wembley – so close I could almost hug her. Golden circle tickets, baby!