As I’ve mentioned before, preparation is key to eating well and keeping your life in balance. Life is busy. I take time each week to plan out my meals – it soothes me. So for weekday mornings when I need to join the rat race and hit London’s financial island (Canary Wharf) I like to have breakfast ready for me, so as not to delay my start to the day.
I’m always on the hunt for quick or pre-prepared Whole30 breakfasts, so here are some of my favourites, plus a few I have bookmarked to try. I have specified those that are egg free – because if you’re like me, eggs become a very big part of your Whole30 dietary intake and it’s important to find dishes that don’t include them so you don’t get sick of them.
- Smoked salmon, baby spinach and boiled eggs
- Breakfast frittata
- Sweet potato hash with sausage and eggs
- Breakfast salad
- Avocado baked egg
- Chia pudding with banana and macadamia nuts (egg free)
- Egg muffins with bacon and chives
- Uova in Purgatorio (pictured above)
- Sweet potato toasts with avocado, bacon and a poached egg
- Ground beef with sweet potato hash (egg free)
- BLT Breakfast salad
- Zucchini and sweet potato latkes
- Continental breakfast; ham, olives, cucumber, tomatoes and boiled eggs
- Mixed berry chia pudding (egg free)
- Breakfast pizza
- Italian spaghetti squash
- Mango and coconut chia pudding, with fresh raspberries (egg free)
- Boiled eggs and fresh spinach with Paleo mayo infused with dill and lemon
- Banana splits; topped with almond butter, blueberries, nutmeg and cinnamon (egg free)
- Breakfast lasagne
- Chicken and kale breakfast hash (egg free)
If you have any tried and tested breakfast ideas I’m totally keen to hear them.